Calling gazpacho just a “cold soup” doesn’t do justice to this ancient Spanish dish.
It’s a nourishing blend of garlic, cumin, and red wine vinegar, traditionally made with a tomato base and sopped up with crusty French bread on hot days.
We’ve put a spin on gazpacho with refreshing, hydrating cucumbers and spiced it up with peppery radishes and aromatic shallots.
This green gazpacho is big on flavor and very low on sodium, unlike other soups that can rely heavily on salt, and will keep you satisfied!
Pro tip: Make it ahead of time, store it in the fridge and you’ve got a cold, revitalizing superfood-packed meal.
This green gazpacho with cucumber is a great starter to a meal. Garnish it with microgreens, sliced radish and pine nuts (they’re like tiny, earthy bursts of butter), and dig in with a spoon.
Green Gazpacho With Cucumber and Radishes
This green gazpacho is big on flavor, with refreshing, hydrating cucumbers and spiced it up with peppery radishes and aromatic shallots.
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ ripe medium avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5 medium radishes, peeled to remove red skin, chop 4 radishes, thinly slice 1 radish and reserve slices for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- coarsely chopped microgreens (for garnish; optional)
Place oil, water, vinegar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes (if desired), avocado, and cucumbers in blender in two batches, if necessary; cover. Blend until almost smooth.
Add shallot, garlic, and four chopped radishes. Blend until smooth.
Serve each portion garnished with pine nuts, microgreens, and sliced radishes.
For a smoother texture, push gazpacho through a fine sieve with a wooden spoon.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
Body Beast Portions
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great veggie as part of lunch or dinner.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.