Mmmmm — Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Cookies.
Wait, what? Yes, we’ll say it again: Peanut Butter SWEET POTATO Cookies.
Nothing gets our hearts racing (and mouths watering) like a peanut butter cookie recipe. But peanut butter with sweet potato?
The answer is a resounding “YAASSSS!”
Mashed sweet potatoes provide a light sweetness and keep these cookies moist and delectable.
Try them out — you’ll be a believer after the first bite!
FIXATE Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Cookies
There's really nothing better than Peanut Butter Cookies. Except for Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Cookies from the FIXATE Vol. 2 Cookbook.
- 1½ cups mashed cooked sweet potato (approx. 3 small)
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (preferably Bob’s Red Mill® All-Purpose Baking Flour, red label)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
Place sweet potato, flour, sugar, peanut butter, pumpkin pie spice, extract, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in food processor; process until a smooth batter forms, scraping down sides as needed.
Dollop twelve balls, approximately 2 Tbsp. each, onto each prepared pan. Lightly flatten with back of a fork that has been dipped in water (or coated with spray).
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, rotating pan after 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on pan before serving.
- Xanthan Gum is a thickening and stabilizing agent often used in gluten-free baking to provide structure to baked goods that typically comes from gluten. Xanthan gum is also used in sauces and dressings to help thicken and emulsify ingredients. It can be found in the grocery store with the gluten-free baking ingredients or online.
- To prepare sweet potatoes, pierce whole sweet potatoes multiple times with a fork and bake at 350° F. for 45 minutes, or until soft to the center.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Vegan Container Equivalents:
1 Yellow, B
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.