This cranberry sauce is a great alternative to the super sugary variety. Sweetened with fruit juices and pure maple syrup, the sweet and sour flavors are well-balanced in this popular holiday condiment. 21 Day Fix-creator Autumn Calabrese and her brother, chef Bobby Calabrese have put together an incredible menu of Fix-approved Thanksgiving recipes for their new cooking show FIXATE that are healthy versions of your favorites. From Green Bean Casserole and Cranberry Sauce to stuffing and Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, they’ve got you covered. Check out FIXATE here!
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp. finely chopped orange peel
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup canned crushed pineapples, packed in juice
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Bring orange juice, apple juice, orange peel, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cranberries. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add pecans, raisins, and pineapple; cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Add maple syrup; mix well.
- Cool before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 1 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 0 g
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.