This light but nutrient-rich salad is a great easy-to-make side.
Couscous with Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup dry whole wheat couscous
- 4 tsp . extra-virgin olive oil , divided use
- 1 Tbsp . fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes , cut in half (or ½ cup quartered tomatoes)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 6 fresh mint leaves , chopped
- 2 Tbsp . chopped Italian parsley
- Sea salt (to taste; optional)
- Cracked black pepper (to taste; optional)
Bring water to boil in a large pot over high heat.
Add couscous. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 3 minutes, or until the couscous is fluffy and water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Combine couscous, 3 tsp. oil, and lemon juice in a medium serving bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms release liquid. Remove from heat.
Add tomatoes, mushrooms, mint, and parsley to couscous; toss gently to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 108 mg
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 8 g
Portion Fix Containers
1 ½ Yellow
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.