The fact that you can make ice cream with frozen bananas and a few other key ingredients (like Shakeology, of course), still blows our minds, but did you know that you can use other vegetables, too?
This Chocolate Shakeology Nice Cream uses frozen zucchini to help provide the creamy, cold texture.
Zucchini has a mild flavor, so it’s a great option if you want to expand your nice cream recipe repertoire.
- A high-powered blender will heat up ingredients, causing this nice cream to melt if it’s blended too much. Work quickly, stopping frequently to scrape down sides, and blend only as much as needed to reach a smooth texture. Some blenders will require more liquid to get the blades moving but add it sparingly as it quickly makes the nice cream too soft (but still delicious!).
- For best storage results, freeze your nice cream in an ice cube tray then transfer to a resealable bag and freeze until ready to eat. Return the frozen nice cream cubes to blender and blend until smooth just before serving.
- You can leave the peels on the zucchini, if desired. It adds more fiber and a faint green hue!
Satisfy your cravings with a deliciously decadent chocolate-flavored superfood dessert.
Chocolate Nice Cream
This nice cream recipe is definitely one you need to have in heavy rotation. It's so easy to make and an all-around crowd-pleaser.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Lightly coat a small baking sheet with spray. Arrange zucchini in an even layer; freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
Add zucchini, Shakeology, almond milk, cocoa powder, and extract to a high-powered blender (or small food processor); cover. Blend until very smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add more almond milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, if needed.
Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 month. If frozen, allow to thaw for a few minutes before serving.
Fantastic Fiber (F), Gluten-Free (GF), Protein Power (P), No Dairy (ND), Vegan (V), Vegetarian (VG)
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.*
*Total Sugar 12 g, Added Sugar 5 g
Container Equivalents (Regular & Vegan)
2B Mindset Plate It!
Makes a great protein.