These flavorful tacos are delicious, and with only 166 calories per serving, they won’t weigh you down!
Chipotle Vegan Tacos
This taco recipe is perfect if you're looking for a healthier spin on traditional tacos.
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided use
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chipotle powder (or 2 Tbsp. chopped canned chipotle chiles)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14 oz. package extra-firm tofu, sliced into approximately 2 x 3-inch sticks
- 8 large cabbage (or hearty lettuce) leaves
- ½ medium avocado, mashed or sliced
- ½ cup fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo)
Combine 1 tsp. oil, lime juice, cumin, chipotle powder, and garlic in a shallow glass baking pan; mix well.
Add tofu; toss gently to blend. Marinate, covered, for 30 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Add tofu; cook, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Top each cabbage leaf evenly with tofu, avocado, and salsa.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add more veggies and an FFC to this vegan protein as part of lunch or more veggies for dinner.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.