With its crunchy pecans, apples, and sweet potato, this protein-rich salad features many of your favorite fall flavors.
Total Time: 2 hrs. 52 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 37 min.
Yield: 6 servings
6 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. stoneground mustard
1 tsp. raw honey
6½ tsp. olive oil, divided use
8 oz. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled, sliced
1 medium apple, peeled, cored, sliced
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Nonstick cooking spray
1 head green leaf lettuce, torn or chopped
2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp. raw pecan pieces, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Combine vinegar, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
3. Slowly add 6 tsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended.
4. Place one third vinegar mixture in resealable bag. Add chicken; mix well. Marinate, refrigerated, for at least 2 hours. Set aside remaining vinegar mixture for salad dressing.
5. While chicken is marinating, combine sweet potato, apple, cinnamon, and remaining ½ tsp. oil in a medium bowl; toss to blend. Place on baking sheet lightly coated with spray. Bake for 10 minutes, turn, bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
6. Remove chicken from marinade; discard used marinade.
7. Place chicken on baking sheet lightly coated with spray. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
8. Combine lettuce, sweet potato mixture, chicken, cheese, and pecans; toss gently to blend.
9. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss gently to blend.
10. Divide evenly between six serving plates.
Note: Apples can be peeled if you prefer.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodium: 222 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 10 g
Protein: 9 g
½ Legume/Tuber Carb
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.