Update basic chicken pasta with garlic, flavorful sautéed mushrooms, white wine, and fresh parsley. Common button mushrooms are great in this recipe, but if you want to amp up the flavor or impress someone special, choose porcini, morel, oyster, or other wild mushrooms for your chicken and mushroom pasta.
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
This chicken pasta is loaded with mushrooms and is cooked in a delicious wine wine sauce.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. raw chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 1/4 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat angel hair pasta 2 oz. dry
- Chopped parsley for garnish; optional
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender.
3. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add wine and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Place pasta on serving plate; top with chicken mixture.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
½ Grain Carb
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.