Make your own Mexican-inspired chicken burrito bowl with cilantro-lime rice and all the trimmings. This recipe uses black beans, but you can substitute pinto beans if you prefer. With fresh salsa, a squeeze of lime, and creamy Greek yogurt on top of crisp romaine lettuce, no other dressing is needed.
Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Bowl
- 2 cups cooked brown rice , warm
- 1 Tbsp . fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp . finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked black beans , warm
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast , warm
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh tomato salsa
- ½ medium avocado , sliced
- 4 Tbsp . low-fat plain yogurt
Combine rice, lime juice, and cilantro in a medium bowl; mix well.
Evenly divide lettuce between 4 serving bowls.
Top evenly with rice mixture, beans, chicken, cheese, salsa, and avocado.
Top each bowl with 1 Tbsp. of yogurt; serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 644 mg
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Fiber: 9 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 29 g
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.
Photo by Kirsten Morningstar