Brown Rice with Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This brown rice with garlic can be a hearty side or a light lunch.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper to taste; optional
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 medium black olives chopped (for garnish; optional)
Combine rice, bell pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, artichoke hearts, and pine nuts in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle with oil and vinegar; toss gently to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Arrange greens on a large platter. Top with rice mixture, cheese, and olives (if desired).
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.