Top a whole-wheat tostada with black beans and other vegetables for a filling, fiber-packed meal!
Black Bean Veggie Tostadas
Top a whole-wheat tostada with black beans and other veggies to get a filling, fiber-packed meal!
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tsp olive oil divided use
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans drained, rinsed
- ½ cup low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cups finely shredded leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1½ tsp . fresh lime juice
- ½ medium ripe avocado sliced
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with spray. Place tortillas in single layer on two large baking sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
While tortillas are baking, heat 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute, or until golden.
Add beans; cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Add broth and cilantro; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Mash bean mixture with a potato masher into a chunky purée. Remove skillet from heat. Cover and set aside.
Place lettuce and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Drizzle lime juice and remaining 2 tsp. oil over salad; toss gently to blend. Set aside.
To serve, place a tortilla on each serving plate. Top evenly with beans, salad, and avocado.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add a protein for a great breakfast or lunch option.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.