This sweet and savory salad is rich in nutrients and vitamins and the walnuts offer a satisfying crunch.
Beet, Fennel, and Walnut Salad
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 medium raw red beets, peeled, thinly sliced into matchstick-sized pieces
- 2 large fennel bulbs, thinly sliced into matchstick-sized pieces
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced into matchstick-sized pieces
- ½ cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Combine vinegar, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, and mustard in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Combine beets, fennel, carrots, apples, walnuts, and cilantro in a large serving bowl.
Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to blend.
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great mix of veggies and FFCs as part of lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.