30 Motivational Quotes to Help You Hit Your Goals
Following and sticking to a fitness and nutrition plan is tough, and there will be days when you can’t find any sense of fitness motivation at all.
You might just want to throw in your very sweaty towel and give up.
But that’s when these motivational workout quotes can save the (leg) day.
Sometimes a few powerful words are all you need to get out of an “I can’t” or “I don’t feel like it” mindset and get you ready to tackle a workout or choose a healthy food option.
When you’re struggling to stay on track with your goals, inspirational health and fitness quotes can help remind you why you’re doing what you’re doing, and why you shouldn’t succumb to feeling discouraged.
Here are 30 workout motivation quotes that may be just what you need to rise above your excuses and accomplish your goals.
We’ve included fitness quotes from all-star athletes like Venus Williams, Michael Jordan, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, as well as inspirational sayings from wise public figures like Maya Angelou, Thomas Jefferson, and Mahatma Gandhi.
Print them out. Tape them to your mirror. Carry them around in your wallet.
Repeat them in your mind over and over and over again until they stick.
Because yes, you can do this. Now is the time to achieve your dreams!
1. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” — Jerry Rice
2. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” — Unknown
3. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” —Aristotle
4. “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” —Unknown
5. “Sweat is fat crying.” — Unknown
6. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
7. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” — Tommy Lasorda
8. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” — Thomas Jefferson
9. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” — Steve Prefontaine
10. “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.” —Unknown
11. “Nothing will work unless you do.” — Maya Angelou
12. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Unknown
13. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
14. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” — Mahatma Gandhi
15. “The difference between try and triumph is a little ‘umph’.” — Unknown
16. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” —Arnold Schwarzenegger
17. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali
18. “Making excuses burns zero calories per hour.” — Unknown
19. “If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.” — Unknown
20. “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.” — Unknown
21. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” — Oprah Winfrey
22. “Create healthy habits, not restrictions.” — Unknown
23. “Don’t let the scale define you. Be active, be healthy, be happy.” — Unknown
24. “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” — Kerri Walsh Jennings
25. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” — Tony Robbins
26. “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, and some point, you will.” — Venus Williams
27. “Strive for progress, not perfection.” — Unknown
28. “All great achievements require time.” — Maya Angelou
29. “We cannot start over. But we can begin now and make a new ending.” — Zig Ziglar
30. “Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of you.” — Unknown
Now are you feeling more motivated to crush your workouts and attack a healthy eating plan?
Then head to BODi, where you can choose hundreds of workouts designed by top trainers. They include everything from weightlifting to cardio, dance to yoga, and more.
Now go reach your goals!