Believe it or not, it is possible to stick to your healthy diet plan through the holidays.
There’s no need to swerve past the pumpkin pie or skip the flavorful gravy — for a lighter gravy on your Thanksgiving turkey, try this easy recipe made with garlic and mushrooms.
Mushroom and Garlic Gravy
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- 3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 6 fresh parsley sprigs, chopped (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add arrowroot; mix well to form a smooth paste.
Slowly add broth; whisking constantly to blend. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
Makes a great accessory to add to lunch or dinner.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.