Visit Autumn’s house for a fun summer pool workout that works your abs and booty—while you work on your tan (don’t forget the sunscreen!).
Schedule for Today’s Pool Workout
Do all five moves below as a circuit, resting minimally between moves. Perform three rounds.
• Place your hands on the ground or a stable elevated surface (a bench, box, or table work well—the higher the surface, the easier the exercise) and assume a pushup position: hands slightly wider than—and in line with—your shoulders, feet together, arms and body straight from head to heels.
• Keeping your body straight and your head in a neutral position, lower your torso until your chest is within a few inches of the ground—or as far as possible without losing good form.
• Push yourself back up to the starting position.
• Repeat for 10 reps.
Dead Bug (00:52)
• Lie on your back with your lower back flat on the ground.
• Raise your arms toward the sky and bend your legs and hips 90 degrees, lower legs parallel to the floor. This is your starting position.
• Extend your right leg six inches from the ground and your left arm overhead.
• Return to the starting position.
• Repeat the movement with your left leg and right arm, and continue, completing a total of 10 reps on each side.
Make it harder: Perform the move with your head lifted off the floor.
Alternating Back Lunge (1:53)
• Stand upright with your feet together.
• Keeping your feet parallel and your torso upright, step your right leg backward 2-3 feet, bend both legs 90 degrees, lowering your right knee until it’s close to the ground.
• Step your right foot forward and repeat the move with your left leg.
• Continue alternating legs until you’ve completed 10 reps on either side.
Side Plank Kick (2:48)
• Lie on your right side supported by your right elbow and forearm, shoulders stacked over the elbow, feet stacked on top of each other, and your body straight from your heels to your head (don’t allow your hips to sink towards the floor!).
• Keeping your left arm and left leg straight, kick your left leg in front of you and touch it with your left hand, making sure to keep your shoulder away from you ear.
• Reverse the move, returning to the starting position.
• Repeat for 10 reps, then repeat the move on the opposite side.
For more moves like this, check out: CIZE 8-COUNT ABS
Heel Drop (3:40)
• Stand beside the pool (or on a box or bench), with your heels on the very edge.
• Step your right foot back (or off the box) and bend your left leg while keeping your chest up, lowering your right foot into the pool (or off the step) as far as possible.
• Reverse the movement and return to the starting position.
• Repeat the move for 10 reps, then perform 10 more on your opposite leg.
For more moves like this, try Autumn’s 7-MINUTE BIGGER BOOTY WORKOUT